What is iOS Testing?
As the very question suggests, iOS testing is the process through which we test the correct or expected behavior of applications that run on the Apple iOS platform, on real Apple devices, whether the iPhone, iPad or iPod, across their respective multiple versions.
The main concerns as to testing apps on iOS are the following:
- App crashes. A big hindrance to the user experience are frequent crashes. These may be caused by bugs or memory leaks.
- Incompatibility across OS versions. When an app version runs OK on one version but presents many blocking defects in other versions.
- Security. iOS is a known target for hacker attacks, therefore assessing app security is primordial.
- Memory leaks. Our app suddenly stops using certain blocks of allocated memory, causing a crash to happen. These are high priority issues.
Different testing approaches might be used in the iOS testing process, like functional, unit, integration, system, regression, UI, performance and End-to-End testing.
These testing routines can be done manually or automated, using a special tool.
There will be certain tasks in which manual testing has its place, especially tasks which require the actual –real– use of the device, like field testing or some specific performance, UI or security tests. However, tasks like regression or unit tests will benefit hugely from an automation approach. There’s a lot to do when we think about testing on iOS, having native, web-based and hybrid apps.
Automation will let us run tests on multiple devices, saving lots of time, with the added increase in productivity and economization of resources.
There’s a variety of platforms to perform automated tests –frameworks, SDKs, IDEs, etc.
Autify means more, better testing for your iOS apps
Autify’s AI powered tool offers a wide range of possibilities to optimize resources and maximize output.
- AI algorithms can “sniff” out bugs quickly.
- Recorded actions on a mobile device will automatically translate into test scenarios.
- Easy scenario editing, even adds assertions within steps. No need to re-record test scenarios. No need to code any changes; it is a no-code platform. Just modify the step in the user interface.
- Full Xcode support for iOS developers. Engineers can pre-test to check if the app works correctly with the latest version of Xcode.
- Native device gestures are supported such as shake, or switching between foreground and background apps.
- Test API integrations, geo-location functions, multiple languages, and pass environment variables.
- Support for desktop and mobile browsers, eliminating the hassle of real devices and device farms maintenance/management.
- Multi-device parallel testing, which results in an outstanding time economy.
It might seem like it’s all, but it’s not.
Autify testing tool embodies some very powerful features:
- A no code testing platform, no programming knowledge required.
- A GUI to record test scenarios and play them back.
- Test script maintenance through AI.
- Artificial intelligence algorithms which “learn” of user interface changes, adapting to them and alerting the QA team.
Try Autify for your iOS Tests
You can see our client’s success stories here: https://autify.com/why-autify
- Autify is positioned to become the leader in Automation Testing Tools.
- We got 10M in Series A in Oct 2021, and are growing super fast.
We have different pricing options available in our plans: https://autify.com/pricing
- Small (Free Trial). Offers 400~ test runs per month, 30 days of monthly test runs on 1 workspace.
- Advance. Offers 1000~ test runs per month, 90~ days of monthly test runs on 1~ workspace.
- Enterprise. Offers Custom test runs per month, custom days of monthly test runs and 2~ workspaces.
All plans invariably offer unlimited testing of apps and number of users.